Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys...











Boy oh boy! We have boy fever in our house lately. First, Taylor, who has never been into boys, has suddenly developed her first honest to goodness crush. She is new to her school, and doesn't know the boys there very well, and has not been asked to Homecoming. Suddenly, she wants to go. She is looking at dresses and dropping hints with friends about the boy she likes...they are planning on having a dinner or some type of get-together to invite him so that she can spend more time with him. She has gone so far as to tell me that she plans to ask HIM to Dogpatch! Oh, no! It has begun.

Audrey has been boy crazy since birth, so her refreshened sense of boycraziness is no shock. What is more of a shock is how boys are treating her. Mind you, she is in the fifth grade. She told me tonight that a boy at school, who she doesn't like (because he's mean to me, Mom!) told her today that he liked her hair, and he liked her shoes. She told him to leave her alone and walked away, and he called after her, "Baby, come back!" 5TH GRADE!!!

Megan doesn't seem to have been bitten yet this year, so she is currently my only child that I can pretend is still my baby. Augh!
And all the while, I am still living in a very barren desert called my social life. Who'd have ever thunk that my kids would outdo me on this particular topic? Every one of my kids will probably be dating before I get around to it. (sigh) I guess it is just the life of a working single mom!
Adding some "Back-to-School" pics

2 comments:

Marci said...

Well get used to it, girl. You've got a lot of years to deal with this. I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world. It's a great way to keep in touch. Keep up the posts!

Piano Mom said...

Thank goodness my kids haven't begun that phase yet! Although Bryce does have a girl "friend" that he hangs out with!