Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween





My, oh my! I cannot begin to tell you how glad I am to have Halloween over. Halloween is my favorite holiday, but this year was a little crazy. My girls are getting too old to really go trick-or-treating, although they still do some. But in an attempt to get them off teh streets on this drunken holiday, I suggested we have a Halloween party here at my house. I gave the girls carte blanche about how many people they invited, knowing that most kids would already have stuff they would be doing. But then, a few days before, panic set in. And the girls started getting all emotional and anxious. And I had just about had it.
Halloween morn' we were up early (having taken teh day off from work to spend with the girls) and did not have a moment to chill the entire day. I took teh girls out trick-or-treating at 5 so we could be back by 7 and finish putting together the stuff for the party. Kids started showing up at 7:30, even though the party started at 8. And we had the crazy mix of the 15-year-old-too-good-for-everyone high schoolers mixing with teh 14-year-old-we-are-the-top-of-the-food-chain middle schoolers and the 10-year-old-it-is-fun-to-make-prank-calls fifth graders. All roaming my house. While I did my best to be inconspicuous but still make sure noone was finding a dark room to do what teenagers do. Augh! And when my last kids left at midnight, I sat in shock looking at my house that I had spent the day getting perfect. And whimpering.
Anyway, here are some fun pics of the night!







2 comments:

Piano Mom said...

You are my hero! I don't know if I could stand to have a house full of teenagers yet. It looks like your girls will have some great Halloween memories!

amylou said...

Several guests told me that it was the "best party EVER!" We may need to make it a new tradition